In the year of 1899 Rev. H.C. Ingersoll arrived in the town of Coudersport, Pennsylvania and held religious services in a rented room in the business section of town. On October 13, 1900, trustees of the newly formed society S. J. Little, Elery Haskins, F.W. Lindsey, Mrs. Nellie Haskins and Mrs. Hosmer purchased a lot from C. W. Niles. This lot was located at 507 S. Main St. and here a new church was built with an official board meeting being held in it on Oct. 2, 1901.
The original building consisted of the church auditorium with the parsonage attached at the rear. In the 1930s members hand-dug a basement and enlarged a new vestibule so that a indoor stairway could be installed.
“Coudersport (the Free Methodist Church) has been marked during the years of its existence by its loyalty to fundamental truths and doctrines of the Church.” (Oil City Conference history, Dr. R. R. Blews, 1973)
Our growing congregation prayerfully purchased new property in 2007 and after many years of renovations and preparations, our worship services moved to 1237 East 2nd St. on Oct. 6, 2013.
FREE METHODIST CHURCH OF COUDERSPORT
MAILING ADDRESS & OFFICES:
608 S East St. Coudersport, Pa. 16915
1237 EAST 2ND ST. COUDERSPORT, PA. 16915